Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Back-Tracking: Easter!

One of my New Year's goals is to update our blog more frequently. I got into this mindset about blogging recently of "Why would I spend time updating when no one cares or reads it?" Then I thought to myself as I read through my previous blog posts that I do it more for me than anyone. I don't care who reads it. I love going back in time and reliving moments that are really special to me through my blog. If I would have never kept a blog in the first place a lot of the details of our memories would have been forgotten. I love the fact that I can type and put pictures with it too. I'm really bad at keeping a journal (like I haven't kept one since I was a senior in high school. Terrible- I know!) So this is all I have.

I hurried and finished Brooks' birth story so that I wouldn't forget little details, but I feel like I need to go back and record some of the fun things that has happened earlier. So I'll start with Easter!

The Saturday before Easter was spent with the Tinker family. Mike's parents reserved a spot at the new Kleiner Park in Meridian. I had never been there before and I wasn't disappointed. It was huge and had so many fun things to do. Each covering had it's own little playground, I thought that was pretty cool! We enjoyed the nice weather, had an Easter Egg hunt, flew kites, played bad mitten, ate yummy fried chicken and ate the cupcakes I made.
Easter Egg Hunt!



 Checking out the goods!

 Flying Kites!



 Bad Mitten!
 My fun Easter Cupcakes!
The next day was Easter Sunday. We always have so much fun getting things ready for Easter morning. We opened our Easter baskets, ate a yummy pancake breakfast, Mike even made Easter bunny pancakes! Then we went to church, and ate dinner with my family. We made sure to remind Jace of the true meaning of Easter and why we celebrate it- even though he didn't quite understand the concept yet:)
Opening Easter Baskets!





 Easter Bunny Pancakes!
 All dressed up for Church!
So handsome!
 Family Picture!
Brooks is there, he's just in my tummy!;)
 Go-Carting and a backyard fire!

Happy Easter!

No comments: